[WikiEN-l] Votes for Deletion

The Cunctator cunctator at kband.com
Wed Nov 26 05:15:18 UTC 2003

All right, Votes for Deletion is broken. There's something seriously,
deliriously wrong when [[Gene Ray]] is listed on Votes for Deletion.

In the same way that we trust users to delete pages that should
*obviously* be deleted, we should trust users to remove pages from VfD
that should *obviously* not be deleted. Entries that have been edited so
that there is no doubt that they should be deleted should be able to be
removed immediately from the VfD page.

This still isn't the solution that I would propose for the situation,
but it would at least be a brake on the current runaway freight train of
deletion.