[WikiEN-l] The Cunctator again

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 26 04:34:05 UTC 2003

RickK wrote:
>Wow.  When Maveric first "mandated" that the VfD header be included
>on every article on the VfD page, I objected, claiming that such action
>was unnecessary.  Not one person came to my defense, and I was
>attacked and excoriated for my lack of support for Wikipedia.  Now here
>I am, having bent my neck and acceded to the will of the Wikipedia, and
>now I'm attacked for putting the headers ON the articles?

Don't confuse disagreement with attack. I saw no attack. However, I'll add my
support: The headers are needed to inform editors and readers of the article
that it may be deleted soon. Not having such a header and just deleting the
article is a denial of due process to the editors and readers of the article.
Please continue to add this header as you see fit.

>Will someone please fill me on the rules and when they change?  It
>seems that no matter what I do, it's wrong.  Every single time I add
>something to the Main Page article, Maveric deletes it.

Stubs listed in the Selected Articles section on the Main Page are often
replaced by better examples of our content. That is the whole point of the
Selected Articles section! There also has to be some criteria to base listing
on. For the Anniversaries section much of that is dictated on the relative
completeness of the article. Other things to consider are the relative
importance of the event. More on Talk:Main Page, Talk:Selected Articles on
the Main Page and my user talk page. Once again you are spamming your
complaints in multiple places which requires multiple replys.

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)