[WikiEN-l] Quote me as saying I was misquoted

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Tue Nov 25 14:41:59 UTC 2003

Gareth thought:

--> > He's not dressing up his faith in scientific clothes: he's
reporting
--> > genuine dissent WITHIN the scientific community.  Scientists like
--> > MIT's Richard Lindzen (an IPCC leader!) and Harvared's Sallie
Baliunas
--> > DISAGREE with other scientists.
-->
--> On certain issues.
--> Certainly not on CFC atmospheric chemistry, as you seek to make out.

Yes, on GW theory -- as I stated.

No, not on the ozone depletion issue -- I never said they did.

Lindzen and Baliunas have repeatedly expressed their disagreement with
environmentalists over the GW theory. I cannot recall Baliunas
expressing ANY opinion on ozone depletion. Lindzen might have, but don't
recall mentioning that in recent letters here -- let alone in a
Wikipedia article.

--> > All I'm saying is that the controversy should be REPORTED in
Wikipedia
--> > articles.
-->
--> No.  You called for William Connolley's edits to be reverted. And
you called for the idea that CFCs deplete the ozone layer to be
considered controversial.

That is incorrect. I did NOT call for WC's edits to be reverted. It's
just the opposite: I promised not to enter into an edit war with him,
and I'm leaving his edits AS THEY STAND. Fred Bauder called attention to
the fact that I DID NOT revert WC's latest edit.

Please read more carefully.

Ed Poor