[WikiEN-l] Reddi's POV edits of Current Events

Jake Nelson jnelson at soncom.com
Thu Nov 20 08:37:05 UTC 2003

I've eyed those same entries that were quoted... considered doing something
a couple times, but didn't feel fully justified in removing them. I agree
that something should be done there. Also, if it isn't already, it should be
a fairly hard & fast rule on CE that one source isn't enough, with only rare
exceptions. (I've actually broken this once... a "A US official reports..."
item, that I only saw on CNN, added the cnn.com link to it when it
appeared... I later decided I'd added it while it was perhaps a bit too
fresh.) And if it's only one source, and no one else is carrying it, perhaps
what you're really reporting is that fact? IE: "CNN reports that <some
random person> does <some random thing>. [link]" Or something...
On another note, I think the entertainment events article is a good thought,
but I think it'll take strong watching and guiding or it'll descend into
nonsensical gossip.

-- Jake