[WikiEN-l] Communist paper apologises but Wikipedia endorses the malicious claim!

libertarian libertarian at myway.com
Tue Nov 11 16:09:04 UTC 2003

 --- On Tue 11/11, Fred Bauder < fredbaud at ctelco.net > wrote:

> We seem to be making progress and in truth you are no worse than
> some of the other editors in this area, perhaps the focus needs to
> move over to them for a while.

Your rant is unwarranted. Among those who contributed to the
India related articles which are "disputed" (i.e., make ASSERTIONS
even when there is hint of something negative and obfuscate the
positives as disputes even when it is a fact), I was the one who
was openminded and tried to enter into conversations.

Stop pretending that I am the problem. The Marxists are.

One list member (not an indian) sent me a mail off the list saying
that he found that the main problem is that the Americans are
usually ignorant and he has found it difficult to convince
the people on this list even when facts are on his side and the
other side is blatantly abusing Wikipedia being an open source
encyclopedia. I think I now understand this clearly.

I never realized that Americans suffered from so much ignorance
of other countries and feel a need to present everything as "disputes"
regarding other countries but could verify information when it came
to their countries.

Give me a break, this guy runs on a Communist Party ticket and
wins elections, serves as a member of a Communist Government, writes
Marxist stuff all along, sets up "anti-Imperialism" forums and
protests Bill Clinton's visit to India using all usual Communist
rhetoric and was a Presidential candidate for the Communists and
Wikipedia REFUSES to admit that he is a Communist?

You guys shouldn't be whining when your credibility is questioned.
It is complete rubbish.
I am going to send this example to a bunch of journalists and see
if any of them will pick it up and write an article pointing out
how open source websites contain only trashy information. Even well
known information like Krishna Iyer being a Communist is denied!
That is how low the quality of Wikipedia is.

You cannot equate me with the other editors who have been problematic.
ALL my information can be verified and on the question of substance,
none can question my points. They are all based in fact. On the
question of style, I have taken inputs and corrected myself.

I was probably wrong in trusting Americans. Maybe Americans *are*
ignorant and it is going to be impossible to get Americans to see
the correct point of view. I am starting to believe that Americans
are truly stupid.

I have another plan - I am going to ask more Communists on several
Marxist mailing lists to start posting since "fascists" have taken
over Wikipedia and you can have the Marxist allegations if you want.
However, it will completely destroy the reputation of Wikipedia.
Not that there is any - right now, I am going to find some journalist
to write about the disadvantages of open source.
What do you want? Why are you not able to think properly? Why is
Marxist jingoism valid for an encyclopedia as long as it is applied
to India?

> However you cannot depend on one overworked person to somehow
> monitor the situation and set it right.

Where did I ask you to monitor the situation? I monitored it and
brought it to the list for redressal.

> The dialog needs to be beween the active contributors. Perhaps you
> could look at the article, Hindutva, and see if you could craft it
> as a NPOV article.

Why should *you* pick what should be drafted as a NPOV article?
Why can't you look at an article about which I've already dropped
you a line?
Let me get this straight - India is a fascist nation with a fascist
ruling party with a majority of people as stinking fascists. Yes,
Wikipedia says so!!!!!!!!!!
What else is fascist about India? How about the food Indians eat
and the way they dress? What about their music? Must be fascist too!

BTW, the party you claim to be fascist had a Muslim as its
Presidential candidate and when I posted this information, it
was deleted and replaced with some garbage rhetoric. After I got
tired of replacing it, I left the rhetoric in place so that both
lines were out there. The abuser quickly added a portion attributing
malicious motives for the party nominating a Muslim (claimed that
it was dependent on other parties and had no choice. Anyone who
followed the election will know that he was the BJP candidate.)

-evil brown skinned person