[WikiEN-l] India problems

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Sat Nov 8 12:39:52 UTC 2003

Arvind Narayanan wrote:

>On Sat, Nov 08, 2003 at 12:06:26AM -0500, libertarian wrote:
>
>>--- On Fri 11/07, Arvind Narayanan < arvindn at meenakshi.cs.iitm.ernet.in > wrote:
>>From: Arvind Narayanan [mailto: arvindn at meenakshi.cs.iitm.ernet.in]
>>
>>>The person making the allegations has 3 usernames
>>>LibertarianAnarchist, Democrate2003 and Conradx. I'll call them LA
>>>for short. The above articles are the only ones LA has ever edited.
>>>
>>This is rubbish. Any admin can check up the IP address and you
>>will find that I have nothing to do with Democrate2003 or Conradx.
>>
>That proves nothing at all. You could be using one username from
>home and one from work etc.

As much as I may have serious differences with Libertarian's substantive
points, I don't think that pursuing the multiple identities issue will
be fruitful.  The fact has been denied, and he is now aware that such a
practice is not at all appreciated on Wikipedia.  If his denial is
correct then it's a non-issue.  If his denial is less than honest, he
should be allowed the opportunity to quietly stop using the identities
without further ado.

Ec