[WikiEN-l] Proposed: stop all deletes for 6 months, then reconsider

user_Jamesday user_Jamesday at myrealbox.com
Fri Nov 7 04:51:37 UTC 2003

--
Vicki Rosenzweig<<

I don't actually object to deleting obvious vandalism during the six months but consider the possibilities:

1. you can delete and the vandal can recreate.

2. you can edit to redirect to a page thanking them for the attempt to create an article and suggesting how to write something more serious. If it's repeated, you can lock the page.

Some will completely ignore option 2 but at least a few will be surprised by a constructive response and consider actually joining in. It's also less confrontational than deleting and that should reduce escalation problems a little.