[WikiEN-l] Rampant Deletionism

Jimmy Wales jwales at bomis.com
Thu Nov 6 16:35:58 UTC 2003

Gareth Owen wrote:
> Now tell me, would you push for his inclusion if he'd survived 9/11?

But if the answer is "no" what does that prove?  He *didn't* survive
9/11, and that's what makes him sufficiently noteworthy for someone to
have bothered to write the entry in the first place.  That's why he's
there, right?

I mean, I don't understand the point of the hypothetical.  You might
as well ask "Would you push for having an article about Hitler if he
had remained an obscure and failed artist?"  Well, no, I suppose we
wouldn't, but, uh, he didn't stay an artist, so he's apparently of
enough interest for someone to bother writing an article about him.

--Jimbo