[WikiEN-l] problems making changes

steven l. rubenstein rubenste at ohiou.edu
Tue May 13 04:45:45 UTC 2003

I have been having some problems that I do not understand -- I assume some
people here are more experienced and knowledgeable about the technical
workings of Wikipedia to figure it out.

I recently made an addition to the Supernaturalization talk page.  I also
made a comment on the Supernatural talk page.  When I looked at my own
"user contribution" page, next to the list of these most recent
contributions was the word "rollback."

I went back to the articles and as "most recent changes" it had a deletion
of the comments I added, and the user credited for the deletion was me,
with the comments "reverted to last edit by Jackerie27" and "reverted to
last edit by Mkmcconn.

I did not make these changes that are being ascribed to me, and I hope no
one else is reverting them.  It certainly seems strange that what I add to
pages now seems to be deleted automatically, and I am being labeled the
deleter.  Is HAL 9000 acting up again?

Steve

Steven L. Rubenstein
Assistant Professor
Department of Sociology and Anthropology
Bentley Annex
Ohio University
Athens, Ohio 45701