[WikiEN-l] (no subject)

steven l. rubenstein rubenste at ohiou.edu
Tue May 13 03:30:37 UTC 2003

Hi,

I just got a message from Mav that I've been nominated for Wikipedia
Administrator.  Given that Mav communicated the message in a flattering
way, and that the invitation (which I understand is being made to some
others) reflects a sense that there is some need for additional
administrators, I can't see how I could say no.  So, thanks, and of course,
yes.

I understand that being an administrator is not such a big deal, but any
increase in access must also involve an increase in responsibility.  If any
of you have any particular advice about things I should be attentive to,
feel free to share it with me.  Needless to say I am not going to do
anything as an administrator unilaterally, but I assume that the point of
having more administrators is to help share whatever work is involved.

In the meantime, I will review various guidelines and policies -- and
you've finally gotten me to join Wikien-l!

Steve

Steven L. Rubenstein
Assistant Professor
Department of Sociology and Anthropology
Bentley Annex
Ohio University
Athens, Ohio 45701