[WikiEN-l] Iraq and chemical weapons

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Tue Mar 25 22:24:18 UTC 2003

Zoe wrote:

> Shooting at downed pilots is also against the Geneva Convention, but
> there were Iraqi troops shooting into the river where they thought
> they were hunting a downed American.
>
> Zoe

I did see that incident on TV.  It seems to me that it is more typical
of local military behaviour, than reflective of broader military policy.
 That in fact there was nobody there to shoot at is characteristic of
populations that are either in panic and/or poorly disciplined.  Local
populations probably have never heard of the Geneva Convention.

Ec