[WikiEN-l] New naming convention

Lee Pilich pilich at btopenworld.com
Mon Mar 24 01:37:15 UTC 2003

Mav's informed me that I should write to the list before making a naming
convention "official", so here I am. The convention in question is
http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia%3ANaming_conventions_(pieces_of_music)
and concerns how to name articles about pieces of classical music. The
convention as it stands has been forming in my brain for the past few
months, and I'm pretty sure it's the best way to go.

Discussion can be had on the convention talk page - I'd rather we didn't
clog up the list with talk of something so specific.

To be clear: I'm not just making this convention for the sake of it or
because I get a kick out of inventing new rules. I honestly think that it's
a useful convention, because there are literally dozens of feasible titles
one could give an article on, say, the Beethoven violin concerto, and
unless some sort of standard is set we could have links pointing to any
number of different titles (I think [[Violin Concerto (Beethoven)]] is best
in this case, for reasons laid out on the convention talk page).

LP (Camembert)
WikiKarma: [[Concerto for Orchestra (Bartók)]]