[WikiEN-l] Re: WikiEN-l --User Name

A thypique thypique at yahoo.fr
Sat Mar 22 08:14:33 UTC 2003

--- Daniel Ehrenberg <name12323 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Sounds good, but only a sysop could change that
> status of the page.  Or
> maybe there could be a cookie identifier on each
> person's computer so we
> could track them? The cookie would be blockable.

Hello list,

For Tannnin
I don't like very much the idea of adding another
class level on Wikipedia. I think it is a slow
constitution of a very rigid hierarchy, where more and
more people forget being a sysop imply more duties
than rights. And it would make very obvious that
non-loggued in people are not trusted.

For Daniel
What do you mean by a trackable cookie ? Another
spying intention on people ? Invasion privacy ?
Tracking exactly what ?

Yours

Athypique