[WikiEN-l] Re: A Friendly Challenge to Sheldon Rampton

Jason Williams jason at jasonandali.org.uk
Fri Mar 21 14:25:49 UTC 2003

On Thu, Mar 20, 2003 at 10:55:44PM -0600, Sheldon Rampton wrote:
> I'm not an attorney, but U.S. copyright law, as spelled out in 17 USC
> 107 [...]

I think following US copyright law is a mistake - much better to
follow a policy of complying with the law in as many countries
as feasible. (I've no idea if in this case it makes a difference,
I just wanted to raise the point)

It might not be of much importance *now*, because of course the
server is on US soil. However, if we want to put wikipedia on
paper or CD one day, restricting the legal market for it to
America would be bad.

--
jason at jasonandali.org.uk    http://www.jasonandali.org.uk/jason/