[WikiEN-l] index

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Wed Mar 19 05:28:56 UTC 2003

Brion Vibber wrote:

>On Tue, 18 Mar 2003, Daniel Ehrenberg wrote:
>
>>Maybe we should make an alphabetical index to replace the seach engine. It
>>would take much less computing power.  The index would be searchable to find
>>the right section (but not the right article) and look sort of like the list
>>of all articles page, but all redirect pages and stubs would show up, but
>>not the talk pages.  Would that work?
>>

>http://www.wikipedia.org/pipermail/wikien-l/2003-February/001299.html

I remember that discussion.  Of course it depended on knowing what the
n'th article was.  In Wiktionary at [[By Alphabetical Order]], I've
thought of this.  The question that comes from this, given that the
entire body is an ordered list, is there a formula that will produce the
title of the n'th article in the list of all pages?

Eclecticology