[WikiEN-l] Re: User:RachelCorrie

Sheldon Rampton sheldon.rampton at verizon.net
Tue Mar 18 09:05:59 UTC 2003

Jesse Alter wrote:

>The user RachelCorrie is using their user page to show photos of Rachel
>Corrie and links about her death. She died while playing chicken with an
>Israeli bulldozer, in protest of the destruction of Palestinian
>settlement. The user has made no contributions other than turning their
>user page into a non-NPOV memorial to Rachel Corrie. I move that the
>user be banned. If their IP can be matched to another user, I think that
>the user should be warned against doing that in the future.

OK, then, while we're at it, I move that Jesse Alter be banned too.
He is using this listserv to make NPOV comments about the death of
Rachel Corrie ("died while playing chicken"). Granted, there's no
rule against POV on the listserv, but there's no rule against POV on
a user page either. If we're going to ban RachelCorrie over this, I
think it's only fair that we should ban Jesse too.

This is the same Jesse Alter who previously rose to the defense of
Vera Cruz/Lir, right? Hmm....
--