[WikiEN-l] Chris Mahan's inappropriate comments

Christopher Mahan chris_mahan at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 17 22:27:54 UTC 2003

Robert,

I apologize for the tone of my comment and I did not want to imply
that you had modified other people's comments. It is just that from
bitter experience I sometimes feel the need to pepper my writings.

So you know I am not a sysop.

Also, in the spirit of cooperation I need you to look at your own
attitude about your contribution to the P. Please do not think this
as an accusation of any sort, but rather as an exhortation to temper
your approach to fit the collaborative nature of this medium.

I had a conversation with a friend at a party last saturday, and he
said that he had looked at the P a cople of times, but had been
disappointed by the quality of some of the articles. I explained to
him that the P was not authoritative in any respect and that it was
more of an experiment in collaborative work than anything else, but
one that might, in the long run, and because of its open nature,
ultimately become authoritative because it is edited by many more
eyes than regular encyclopedias.

--- Robert <rkscience100 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Please ask Chris Mahan to stop making false accusations
> about me.  I do not like being wrongly accused of altering
> other people's comments, and then being threatened with a
> ban for the "sin" of having a different point of view than
> a Sysop. That is a gross violation of Wiki Sysop
> priviliges.
>

> Chris Mahan writes:
> > Maybe you should stick to writing scientific papers and
> > leave WP to other, more cooperative people. (By the way,
> > if you remove, alter, or misinterpret this comment,
> > I'll email Jimbo and have you banned.) Christopher Mahan

=====
Christopher Mahan
chris_mahan at yahoo.com
818.943.1850 cell