[WikiEN-l] AKFD articles

Stevertigo stevertigo at attbi.com
Sat Mar 15 18:30:38 UTC 2003

>Axel: I'm sick of these constant distortions and waste of my time.

Well, your communication was eagerly anticipated. I apologise for making it
somewhat personal; It was my point to illustrate in a direct way how this
would be condemned as a title, if it were about almost any other 'ethnic'
group. I also apologise for not having read all of the discourse in the
matter; there was far too much of it in my opinion, and I wrote the email
yesterday, in haste, after seeing the article re-animated, when it should
have been buried "in poor taste" weeks ago. I agree with Jim's comments that
the material itself merits discourse, but it be done under a legitimate and
general title.  I thought we all agreed to all of this on the talk. By
reanimating the title, you seemed to be saying one thing and doing another.

Furthermore, out of sensitivity to anti-homosexuals, I was hesitant to
rename it 'anti-gay' slogan, because people opposed to homosexuality don't
see homosexuality as 'gayness', nor do they view their opposition to the gay
lifestyle as 'phobic.'

And I greatly appreciate your attempts at reconciling this issue. I simply
think that because it was your energy, along with Cunc's that seemed to
oppose a loud and reasoned consensus, you perhaps wasted your own time in
coming to a natural compromise. -SV