[WikiEN-l] re:Michael

Tucci tucci528 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 14 05:28:04 UTC 2003

<What is your specific objection to user:Michael?

<If he's just sloppy with facts, then keep following
him <around and
<quietly fixing his errors. Eventually, he'll either
<decide to be more
<careful or just get tired.

<Is he reverting your fixes, even when you've
documented <that your fixes
<are accurate?

He has reverted at least some changes, at [[Crass]].
I'm not sure that's really the point though.  Why
should I (or anyone) else have to spend time
double-checking his facts?  While everybody makes
mistakes, he has such a huge proportion of mistakes in
easily verifiable facts like release dates for albums,
refuses to discuss anything with anybody, blanks talk
pages that offer suggestions, demands that others not
question his actions -- if this isn't bannable, what
is?

I have better things to do with my time, on Wikipedia
and in general, than to double-check his facts and fix
his atrocious spelling, grammar, punctuation and
style, in articles about crappy albums by bands I
don't like.

While I can see some value in allowing Michael to grow
into a valued contributor, I
A: doubt it's possible
B: doubt it's worth it even if it is possible -- and
until it has happened, he needs someone to look over
his shoulder at every edit, or else the music section
of the Wikipedia will be full of badly-written and
barely intelligible facts straight from Michael's
imagination.  I'm not willing to be his editor -- I'd
be perfectly happy to help him understand some of the
mistakes he's making (I gather English isn't his first
language, as he makes highly unusual but
complex-rule-based errors), but he has shown no desire
to listen, understand or apply any of the advice I or
others have given him (see [[User
talk:64.175.250.115]] for some advice I gave him
awhile ago, but in which there has been absolutely not
a shred of improvement).

I'm sure we all have better things to do than shout at
a brick wall that, on a good day, does no harm to the
Wikipedia.

TUF-KAT