[WikiEN-l] Show and Tell

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Wed Mar 12 15:37:45 UTC 2003

Sometimes the best approach to "uncooperative" people is to give them a good example. That is, show them what to do instead of telling them.

For example, user:Michael responded to Jimbo's and my policy comments by wiping his page today. To me, this means he doesn't want to engage in any dialogue. Should we ban him because he won't talk? No.

I don't think refusing to dialogue is (or should be) a bannable offense, and I've also heard people say that actions speak louder than words, so I decided to rack up some wiki karma by following Michael around a bit and demonstrating how a stub can be fleshed out.

uncle ed

http://www.wikipedia.org/w/wiki.phtml?title=S.C.I.E.N.C.E. <http://www.wikipedia.org/w/wiki.phtml?title=S.C.I.E.N.C.E.&action=history> &action=history