[WikiEN-l] a more "confident" username

koyaanis qatsi obchodnakorze at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 11 18:00:22 UTC 2003

Erik writes:
> A sysop really does not have much room to
> decide "that a page is worthless and that
> they don't want it there". Rather, he is more
> or less a  servant of non-sysop users who want
> certain actions which are a bit harder to
> revert than simple editing to be taken. Sysops
> are *not* editors.
>
> Understanding this is really essential to
> being a sysop. Do you see how a quiz can be
> useful now?

Erik, please don't continue singling out LittleDan for
special schooling--there's no reason to condescend to
him because he's young, unless you're hoping to
embarass people watching.  If that's your goal, I'll
tell you that you've succeeded in at least one case.
At any rate I think most of us would agree that
LittleDan has proven both humble & patient, so perhaps
you could continue quizzing him in private, if you
must continue quizzing him.

best,

kq