[WikiEN-l] Re: Problems with Susan Mason

Jimmy Wales jwales at bomis.com
Mon Mar 10 16:14:25 UTC 2003

Sheldon Rampton wrote:
> Has anyone done an analysis of Wikipedia from a game theory
> perspective? I'd be interested in seeing a good analysis of the way
> different "rules of the game" influence the content of various
> strategies for information-sharing such as listervs, newsgroups, etc.

As a former finance PhD student with a strong interest in game theory,
I think about it a lot, and not just in the context of wiki, but also
in broader contexts of software design to facilitate useful
communities, etc.  It's a fascinating field that might someday be a
subdiscipline of economics, sociology, and the like.

I don't know of any serious research or analysis, though.

--Jimbo