[WikiEN-l] Unicode in plain text (Was: End the personal attacks and slander)

Toby Bartels toby+wikipedia at math.ucr.edu
Mon Mar 10 03:27:00 UTC 2003

Stevertigo wrote at last:

>Ps. Victoria - I dont know whats going on... Im sending these plain text
>only...
>ah, its the Unicode... needs html... ok...

Unicode doesn't need HTML, it works just fine in plain text.
Indeed, the whole *point* of Unicode is to work just fine in plain text.
If your emailer won't send Unicode in plain text,
then the problem is on that end.

[The above is a general comment on Unicode in plain text,
but the below is for SV and can be replied to offlist.]

BTW, you're actually sending out both plain text *and* HTML.
But the plain text isn't in Unicode, and doesn't include the Kanji!
So you might want to look at that; feel free to send me test emails
if you think that it may help (since I'll look at what's really sent out
and not just at how it appears on a given system set up in a given way).

-- Toby