[WikiEN-l] End the personal attacks and slander

tarquin tarquin at planetunreal.com
Sun Mar 9 16:14:58 UTC 2003

Stevertigo wrote:

>Your central assumption - that using non-English characters on the en:wp
>violates "protocol"... ("master Luke!")

he's right. English wikipedia, english language.
BTW, I would be very grateful if a german-speaker on this list could
translate this for me:

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benutzer%3ATarquin

>which is nonsense : we use umlauts,
>and accented spanish characters.

but they are fundamentally latin letters. we know how to read them.

>You seem to think that 1. using a Chinese sig in the Talk pages interferes
>with people understanding the Encyclopedia...

nope, but it interferes with us known who is saying what.

>and 2 that most other people
>cant see them - with UNICODE to read them...

I can see them on my Mac (OS X) but not Win 98 SE.