[WikiEN-l] Re: internet-encyclopedia.info

Richard Grevers dramatic at xtra.co.nz
Sat Mar 8 00:22:09 UTC 2003

On Fri, 07 Mar 2003 17:03:34 -0700, Fred Bauder
<fredbaud at ctelco.net> wrote:

> Definitely a fork. Internet-Encyclopedia is an implementation of the
> wikipedia3 software that has different policies from Wikipedia. For
> example,
> rather than one article from a NPOV, Internet-Encyclopedia will have
> several
> articles from different points of view on a controverial subject. Also
> Internet-Encyclopedia is written in American English. There will also be
> more tolerance of material that Wikipedia editors would reject as
> creative
> or otherwise objectionable because of point of view, lack of scientific
> consensus, or simply shortness. Generally a much more relaxed attitude
> will
> be worked for (although what one gets in that department will depend on
> folks adopting one).

Then may I humbly suggest that you replace the work "Encyclopedia" (Circle
of Human Knowledge") with a word or phrase that reflects a "Circle of Human
Opinion". If you are rejecting the concept of "what is known to be true by
the best means available to us at this time" then surely you ought to
reject the name we use for that?

--
Richard Grevers