[WikiEN-l] Re: Sysop Requests

Sascha Noyes snoyes at gmx.net
Fri Mar 7 18:54:24 UTC 2003

On Friday 07 March 2003 13:05, rednblack at alum.mit.edu wrote:
> Please don't do this, Ed. Many of us have our own reasons for not wanting
> to be sysops. If we wanted to be sysops, we would ask.
>
> Saurabh

I also don't think this is a good idea.

And again I must repeat that I do not think it is a good idea to make Anonxxxx
a sysop. I had a look at their contribution history. First post was
copyrighted info from another website. A couple of days (or weeks) after
first contributing propperly this user inquired what was necessary to become
sysop. I'm always extra critical of people actively seeking powers before
they deserve them.

Best,
Sascha Noyes