[WikiEN-l] Problems with Susan Mason

Stevertigo stevertigo at attbi.com
Fri Mar 7 17:09:49 UTC 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jimmy Wales" <jwales at bomis.com>
To: <wikien-l at wikipedia.org>
Sent: Friday, March 07, 2003 8:10 AM
Subject: Re: [WikiEN-l] Problems with Susan Mason

> If we can establish firmly that Susan Mason is Lir, then obviously the
> old ban just carries over and that's the end of it.  I'm not willing
> to say that just yet, although I'm eager to do so if someone can give
> me good evidence -- it saves me the hassle of trying to adjudicate,
> after all.
>
> Barring that, I think that all that's warranted by *what I've seen so
> far*, is a strong warning against personal attacks.
>
> I say this even though the remark to RK on [[Talk:Idolatry]] was
> absurd and a personal attack, *and* exhibited the same kind of bizarre
> "logic" about Anglicization as Lir's usual.

I would characterize Susan/Lir's comments to RK as perhaps reasonable,
considering RK, and her exasperation... She cant turn to official channels
if she's Lir, and she no doubt felt alone in fending an off an
equal-but-opposing strain of rampant Evangelism... The point is that its
deeper than just the issue of superficial civility- dealings with Robert
often involve varied dimensions of uncivil conduct... many are not apparent.
He being my own personal tail for blanket-article-revertings is one of
them...

What I really want to know is.. why do people think that she's Lir? I repeat
it based solely off of a comment Zoe made to her on a talk page... I emailed
Susan directly for an answer, and when I did not get one, surmised that it
was true... This was all under the premise that the sysops knew it for a
fact, based on a static IP and other evidence...
Why has this gone on so long, if there is definitive proof of.... and why is
the accusation of, allowed and promulgated here if it is inuendo without
basis?
-Stevertigo