[WikiEN-l] Please sign this anti-war petition

Jimmy Wales jwales at bomis.com
Fri Mar 7 12:24:42 UTC 2003

Yes, by all means, let's not discuss the war or world politics on this
list.

I think one of the key "discoveries" that we've made here is that
people of *very* divergent political/ethical/religious perspectives
can agree on NPOV.  It's more difficult on "hot" issues, of course,
but people of very divergent positions can agree that access to basic
information is highly valuable.

If we start arguing politics on the mailing list, I fear a serious
"infection" of our pleasant discourse on the wikipedia proper.

--Jimbo