[WikiEN-l] Viewing non-Roman characters

Pierre Abbat phma at webjockey.net
Fri Mar 7 05:01:15 UTC 2003

On Wednesday 05 March 2003 23:40, Zoe wrote:
> I can't see any of the characters in Japanese and Chinese articles.  Is
> there a site I can go to download the fonts so that I can see the
> characters?

I can see some, but not all. The ones that I don't have display as boxes,
which is confusing, since I can't tell a mouth from a notdef.

Also, the euro sign displays as a circle with four lines radiating from it. Do
I have an obsolete Verdana (I think it shows the same in Times New Roman in
AbiWord), or a buggy Qt (unlikely, Abi doesn't use Qt) or what?

phma