[WikiEN-l] Re: WikiEN-l digest, Vol 1 #178 - 10 msgs

Jesse Alter jesse at snacksoft.com
Thu Mar 6 05:21:44 UTC 2003

The issue is not that he dislikes the lists. The issue is that he feels that the lists are going against the standards of Wikipedia. You have a right to ignore hate speech, unencyclopedic or blatantly wrong content. However, if it doesn't belong there, you remove it.

Now, whether it does belong there or not remains to be seen...I've seen good aguments on both sides. I do think that [[List of songs whose title does not appear in their lyrics]] is a bit ridiculous, but other than my knee-jerk reaction to it, I can't really think of a strong argument against it. (I've already considered the 'Encarta doesn't have that list' argument, and it's pretty weak.)