[WikiEN-l] No personal remarks, please (was: The Style Oppressors)

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Mon Mar 3 17:21:05 UTC 2003

Jonathan,

If you are going to keep posting to this mailing list after being
banned, at least try to avoid personal remarks, like, "You can
have your Wikipedia. The world is passing you by."

You have the potential to change the world and make it a better
place -- but working together harmoniously with others is key
to making effective and worthy change.

Instead of comparing Jimmy to Nazis, why not compare yourself
to some standard? I've been _nearly_ kicked off of three separate
on-line communities (2 in my own church!!!) but I always took
the time to figure out two essential factors:

1. How to avoid getting people so upset at me that they force
me to leave;

2. How to get my points across without surrendering a major
matter of principle.

Please, desist for a few weeks and think it over.

Ed Poor