[WikiEN-l] Re: Do we really want to confuse every American who reads the Wikipedia?

Jimmy Wales jwales at bomis.com
Mon Mar 3 14:16:41 UTC 2003

Richard Grevers wrote:
> That's the first time I've been asked to consider Americans to be an
> opressed minority :-)

Didn't you mean to say "...asked to consider citizens of the United
States..." ha ha.  ;-)

> 2 March 2003 is logical, natural to speech, and (so long as the
> month name is used) unambiguous.

I asked this question on a talk page, and I'm basically just ignorant
on this issue: is '2 March 2003' natural to speech?

Americans almost never speak that way.  We would say "March the
Second, Two Thousand and Three" or "March Second, Two Thousand and
Three".  We would never say "Two March Two Thousand and Three".

--Jimbo