[WikiEN-l] Re: The Style Oppressors

tarquin tarquin at planetunreal.com
Mon Mar 3 14:10:37 UTC 2003

Tony Wilson wrote:

>Mav said:
>

>>you should calm down and realize that what is being proposed would be no
>>more mandatory than what we have now. I've already explained this on the talk page.
>>

>Put it in the ACTUAL PROPOSAL and I'll start to take it seriously.

It's at the very top of:
http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia%3AManual_of_Style

I thought it was clear that any MoS page depended from that top-level page.

I quote:

New contributors are reminded that clear, informative and unbiased
writing is always more important than presentation and formatting.
*Writers are NOT expected or required to follow all or any these rules*:
the joy of wiki editing
<http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Editing_policy> is that
perfection is not required. Copy-editing wikipedians will be referring
to these pages when weeding
<http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Weeding_Wild_Wikipedia>, and
pages will be gradually made to conform with this guide.