[WikiEN-l] Oh No! Not another date format post!

Oliver Pereira omp199 at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Mar 3 12:57:17 UTC 2003

On Mon, 3 Mar 2003, Tony Wilson wrote:

> Issue No 1: "1 April" or "April 1". WHO CARES? Anyone who
> can't count up on his fingers and decide "1 April" and
> "April 1" both mean April Fools' Day, please email me right
> away.

Okay, I'll e-mail you right away...

A month followed by a number means a month within a year, to me. In an
article about Roman history, an unlinked date of the form "April 1"
could mean April in the year 1 AD, and so could easily be ambiguous. Hope
that helps.

Oliver

| Oliver Pereira                            |
| Dept. of Electronics and Computer Science |
| University of Southampton                 |
| omp199 at ecs.soton.ac.uk                    |