[WikiEN-l] Re: Do we really want to confuse every American who reads the Wikipedia?

Sean Barrett sean at epoptic.com
Mon Mar 3 05:29:48 UTC 2003

I agree completely.  We should use Zoe's standard.  The format used in
English-speaking countries must apply.

Would those of you from the various components and former components of
the United Kingdom please tell us how you prefer your dates?  We
Americans prefer the standard form.  As The Chicago Manual of Style
explains, in "all text, including notes and bibliographies, exact dates
[are to] be written in the sequence day-month-year, without internal
punctuation."  Rule 8.36.

And since no one finds 2 March 2003 confusing....

--
 Sean Barrett
 sean at epoptic.com