[WikiEN-l] Re: Do we really want to confuse every American who reads the Wikipedia?

Richard Grevers dramatic at xtra.co.nz
Mon Mar 3 05:18:28 UTC 2003

On Sun, 2 Mar 2003 19:09:41 -0800 (PST), Zoe
<zoecomnena at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Apparently there is a move under way to change EVERY date in the English
> Wikipedia to "2 March" format from "March 2" format.  How did this slip
> under the radar without a major discussion?  It's a very anti-American
> thing to do.
That's the first time I've been asked to consider Americans to be an
opressed minority :-)
(4% of the world population and they expect everyone else to suffer their
illogical system?)
2 March 2003 is logical, natural to speech, and (so long as the month name
is used) unambiguous.
In your terms, "March 2" is anti British, Anti European, Anti-Australasian,
Anti-African etc. etc.
--
Richard Grevers