[WikiEN-l] Beware the Datebot!

Sean Barrett sean at epoptic.com
Mon Mar 3 03:34:42 UTC 2003

I apologize for being so slow with this message that Zoe became alarmed.

As a result of the discussion on [[Wikipedia_talk:Manual of Style (dates
and numbers)]], I have written a datebot that will convert dates of the
form "[[March 2]], [[2003]]" to "[[2 March]] [[2003]]" (and also the
simpler case of "[[March 2]]" to "[[2 March]]").  I have tested it in my
own sandbox and on a few naval ship pages.

Currently it has no automatic article selection mechanism; it only
munges the single article it's pointed at.  I intend to run it manually
and slowly on the ship articles and make sure I haven't missed anything
about its operation.

I have no intention of doing anything precipitous.

--
 Sean Barrett     | How am I supposed to hallucinate
 sean at epoptic.com | with all these swirling colors