[WikiEN-l] French language-bot entries

Lee Pilich pilich at btopenworld.com
Sat Mar 1 19:21:30 UTC 2003

Just so everybody knows, IP 62.147.142.55 just added a stack of
French-language stubs on sci-fi novels at a rate which suggested they had
to be using a bot (over 20 per minute). I've blocked the address to prevent
any more being added and left the user a note saying that one needs
approval before using a bot, and the French language wikipedia is somewhere
else anyway.

Out of interest, am I right in thinking that if this user were to now make
a user account and start again, there's nothing we could do about it until
a developer came along to block them?

lp (camembert)
WikiKarma: http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symphony_No._8_(Mahler)