[WikiEN-l] Let's follow Wikipedia rules for the Gaia articles

Stevertigo stevertigo at attbi.com
Sun Jun 29 18:41:06 UTC 2003

Its good to hear Roberts arguments made more clearly, with less obfuscation,
as this facilitates greater communication, and communication is an important
part of language, somewhat.

I do think, that Robert misses the point, when he accuses that too much
attention is being paid to this particular subject, when on other subjects
he would tend to write verbosely. He also tends to use the scattergun
approach, when something more subtle might be far more powerful. As such,
his long arguments are hard to read -- more so than Anthere's.

All that said, I do a see some problems with the articles, As Brion keyed in
on -- why have a theory article and a hypothesis article, for example?  The
later one tends to trump the latter.  My charge to Anthere would be to unify
these articles in some way -- a disam page might work well -- but the
respective articles seem to be disjointed, not properly flowing from one to
the next, and the contexts to which they link could (like ten thousand other
WP pages ) be better linked.

Hence, in summation, I know how much Robert wants to have this be resolved.
Perhaps it could better be resolved if he cuts Anthere a little slack and
takes a week off from the Gaia stuff? Anthere may then feel more open to
make some reasonable changes -- under her own interest, rather than under
duress.  Thank you Robert for calling our attention to the matter, though
one very short email, free of accusation, would have sufficed.

-Steve