[WikiEN-l] wikipedia homepage

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Thu Jun 26 04:09:24 UTC 2003

Daniel Ehrenberg wrote:

>May I change the layout of the homepage of the English
>Wikipedia to that of the Esperanto Wikipedia? I think
>that layout looks much better. I would ask this on
>[[Talk:Main Page]], but not many people look there
>that often, and this would be a huge change.

Just a note: the current layout used on the Esperanto, Danish, Czech,
Chinese, Spanish, and Polish Wikipedia homepages was IIRC based on the
fine work started at the Francophone Wikipedia.

I'm pretty sure I saw a work-in-progress version of the English
Wikipedia front page with the new layout at some point, but it may have
gone away...

Hmm, http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page/Temp is similar.

Anyway, food for thought:
http://meta.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protected_pages_considered_harmful