[WikiEN-l] RE: wiktionary, search

Anthere anthere6 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 25 05:43:19 UTC 2003

--- cprompt <cprompt at tmbg.org> wrote:
> Karl Wick wrote:
>
> >>Well, currently, Wiktionary isn't doing so well.
> It
> >>has only 3447 entries, far too few for a real
> refrence
> >>dictionary. And the textbook project hasn't even
> >>started.
> >>

> >I personally dont use Wiktionary but would see more
> use in
> >it if it were more unified with WP. If there were
> an easy
> >way to write a quick definition for a word I use in
> an
> >article, for example a scientific term, and put it
> in the
> >Wiktionary instead of starting a stub article on
> the WP.
> >Maybe a command that would formulate a Wiktionary
> hyperlink
> >easily like we have for within WP ...
> >
> >Karl
> >

> Wiktionary pages can easily link to Wikipedia
> through a link like this:
> [[w:User:Cprompt|my user page]] (in fact, my user
> page on Wiktionary
> contains that link to my Wikipedia user page.) I'm
> sure there's a
> similar way to make a link from Wikipedia to
> Wiktionary, but I don't
> know how. Anybody?
>
> --
>
> --cprompt

No, there is no way. Just as we can't link
international wikipedias together or to the english by
other way than an external link with canonisation
requirements. The only possible thing to do is to link
the english wikipedia and meta to other wikipedias.
This is a one way direction for information to travel.
I'll give my wiki fortune for an easy way for
information of all languages to easily travel between
any wikipedias.