[WikiEN-l] unified Wiki-world search

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Tue Jun 24 19:39:39 UTC 2003

Daniel Ehrenberg wrote:

>--- Karl Wick <karlwick at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>If we could get a unified search going across the
>>Wikipedia, Wiktionary, wiki textbook site and any
>>other
>>wiki projects, that will put our efforts way ahead
>>of
>>anything else that I have seen out there on the web.
>>a dictionary, encyclopedia and textbooks all at the
>>same
>>time ? That would be awesome ! What ? And its free ?
>>That
>>should help push adoption of use of the sites .. And
>>some
>>users later become contributers.
>>

>Well, currently, Wiktionary isn't doing so well. It
>has only 3447 entries, far too few for a real refrence
>dictionary. And the textbook project hasn't even
>started.

Wiktionary is coming along just fine!!!!  The number of articles is not
so important at this stage.
On the other hand I have no significant interest in the textbook project.
I've got no objection to a unified search function, but it should work
no matter how big or small the separate projects are.
Ec