[WikiEN-l] Feature request?

Dante Alighieri dalighieri at digitalgrapefruit.com
Sat Jun 21 20:05:06 UTC 2003

Darn, sent this via the wrong email address. ;) Sending again.
----

I'm not entirely certain that this IS a feature request (and if it is, it
probably doesn't belong on this list) but what does everyone think about
changing the default behavior of the search box? As of now, if I type
something into the box and hit <enter> (or carriage return, or whatever)
the behavior is as if I had pressed the search button. I suggest changing
this to acting is if I had pressed the GO button.

This is a Good Thing because: if someone types in French Revolution they
will probably appreciate going to the article ON the french revolution
immediately without having to click on the top link. Secondly, if someone
wants to find the article on the letter A, they currently have to /know/ to
type in A and click GO. If they click search, the search engine craps out
on them. If the default action were a GO search then there would be no problem.

Any opinions on the matter?

-----
Dante Alighieri
dalighieri at digitalgrapefruit.com

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their
neutrality in times of great moral crisis."
    -Dante Alighieri, 1265-1321