[WikiEN-l] Just to throw this out there...

Toby Bartels toby+wikipedia at math.ucr.edu
Sat Jun 21 10:15:56 UTC 2003

Daniel Ehrenberg wrote:

>I was thinking that people would edit the category on
>Wikipedia (they could manually choose their blocking
>settings, protected by a seperate password for
>parents)  and edupedia would have the categories all
>blocked by default (unless the categories included
>unobjectionable material) with no changing of this
>with accounts. The categories could only be edited on
>Wikiedia, not edupedia, so no permissions would be
>required.

The value of having categories on Edupedia itself
is that the Edupedia project might make judgements
that Wikipedia itself cannot (such as what is "mature content").
Also, the Sifter paradigm allows referring to
specific versions in the history of a Wikipedia article;
Edupedia might assign different versions to different categories
while Wikipedia probably would not.

-- Toby