[WikiEN-l] Sigh

Stan Shebs shebs at apple.com
Wed Jun 18 05:12:28 UTC 2003

Zoe wrote:

>Please see [[Talk:List of British English words not
>used in American English]].
>
>Will someone please explain just what it is that I'm
>doing that is so awful?

Nothing.  From what I can see, your attackers are basically all
losers, and it's no loss to be hated by them.  PML for instance
gets zero respect from me - when challenged on a dubious claim,
he made lame excuses and has yet to come up with the evidence to
back up his claim, but wanted it to be left in anyway(!).  Hey,
editing Wikipedia would be so much easier and faster if we
could just make up stuff and never have to fact-check!

You might find it amusing to create a male-sounding user name
and see if the reactions to edits under that name are any
different.  Unfortunately, there are a lot of chauvinists
who are emboldened by the cloak of Internet anonymity.

Stan