[WikiEN-l] Sysop request Extended

Daniel Ehrenberg littledanehren at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 16 01:18:52 UTC 2003

--- "Ilya N." <ilyanep at yahoo.com> wrote:
> The main reason I'd like to be a sysop is so I can
> help clean up
> vandalism without having to go to the IRC, or going
> through the
> painstaking process of contacting
> an admin. IF you say I've only been here for a
> month, I'll say, "Check
> my contributions, and show me anything you don't
> like". If you say I'm
> not fit, why?

I agree with your sysophood. I became a sysop after
about a month of contributing (so I could edit the
main page, mostly), and I was eventually admitted. I
think that should set a precedent that, if your
contrabutions are good enough, a month should be
enough time to be considered experienced enough to be
a sysop. Unless, of course, a significant number of
you were subconsciousely trying not to be
reverse-agist aganst me. Perhaps that quiz that I was
given should be given to Ilya.
-LDan