[WikiEN-l] [[Wikipedia:Requests for adminship]]

Lee Pilich pilich at btopenworld.com
Sat Jun 14 13:25:49 UTC 2003

After much sweat and toil, I have made this page:

http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia%3ARequests_for_adminship

I mentioned my intention to create this page some time ago, and nobody
shouted "NO! Don't do it!" so now I've finally done it.

My hope is that it will be an easier way for people to request adminship,
to comment on such requests, and to keep track of what requests have been
made and granted. I've linked it from [[Wikipedia:Administrators]], I'm
sure there are other pages it needs linking from also - I'll check for
those when I have a little more time.

[[Wikipedia:Administrators]] now reads: "If you would like sysop access,
either send an e-mail to the English Wikipedia mailing list (WikiEN-L)
giving your Wikipedia login name and requesting access or add your name to
Wikipedia:Requests for adminship." I'd like to think that eventually the
option of writing to the mailing list can be removed, but I've not done so
yet, as I don't what everybody else (particularly Erik, who I think is the
only person currently creating sysops) thinks about it.

Feel free to mess around with the wording and structure of
[[Wikipedia:Requests for adminship]] and feel free to change the name to
[[Wikipedia:Being a place to enquire as to the possibility of being raised
to the status which carries that name Administrator]] or whatever you like
- I won't complain.

Lee (Camembert)