[WikiEN-l] Re: Filtering, etc.

Stevertigo stevertigo at attbi.com
Sat Jun 14 04:45:08 UTC 2003

ROFL. This is all wrong. Everyone who has suggested that there be some other
site - some other interface for WP - some screwy way of fancifully filtering
out the content - is on the wrong track.

Essentially, then the problem becomes one of syndication - of franchise.
Each article, based on its political value - rating or assertion can be a
source of divergence. If the idea is to have the same article frame
differently - under different precepts about how to deal with... then the
problem of divergence is exascerbated. Either the article is about "God" -
interfaced through the Judeo-pedia - and they get in a tiff with someone
accessing the SAME PAGE through the SATAN's Trinity Chuch interface - THIS
WILL ONLY INCREASE DIVERGENCE!!

I will dismiss ideas that deal with being a "N*e*w* Wikipedia" - with a
little different flavoring here and there.... If you get a hundredth of the
energy that WP gets, I'll be surprised. If its quarelling that worries
people, then perhaps we should have just a plain "Pacifist-pedia" - where no
controversy is allowed.

OF the two choices - a split portal system to the same DB - or an endless
serious of mindnumbing "alternatives" to the REAL DEAL - then what the hell
do you think is going to happen?

Ive remarked before about the other different ways to "fork" the Wikipedia.
I dont like getting "forked" and I dont think the Wikipedia should get
"forked" either.

-Love, Peace and Harmoniosity
-SM

tarball?