[WikiEN-l] Let's ban 'em all. Any objections?

Dante Alighieri dalighieri at digitalgrapefruit.com
Fri Jun 13 10:00:22 UTC 2003

At 04:06 PM 6/12/2003, you wrote:
>Freedom from religion is the censorship of pagan
>religions (even though there is really nothing wrong
>with them), accused cults, "destructive" faiths like
>some fundimentalist Islam, and otherwise "barbaric"
>religions. Some say that these religions do not lead
>to anything constructive and just destroy things. I
>don't believe in it, but we must acknowledge that many
>do. Since this POV is held almost exclusively by
>Fundimentalist Christians, I suggest that we use their
>POV about what should be blocked. I'm just trying to
>be realistic here; if we blocked [[christianity]],
>that may be more NPOV, but not practical for the
>dominant wetern world. Remember: this filter is only
>optional. It is not forced on anyone.
>--LittleDan

Well, I'm not certain that I agree with your /definition/ of freedom FROM
religion, but I certainly like the way it sounds. I say we ban all
dangerous cults and barbaric religions. I also think that Christianity,
Islam, and Judaism (and any other monotheistic religions I can find...
maybe there's some Zoroastrianists out there) should be first to be banned.
This would, of course, be rapidly followed by all the polytheistic
religions. Next come the animists. Lastly, any "miscellaneus" religions
that don't fit any of the above schema should also be banned. Once those
are out of the way, I'm sure we will all be better off.

-----
Dante Alighieri
dalighieri at digitalgrapefruit.com

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their
neutrality in times of great moral crisis."
    -Dante Alighieri, 1265-1321