[WikiEN-l] capitalisation

Stevertigo stevertigo at attbi.com
Wed Jun 11 19:37:19 UTC 2003

> JT: The best solution is not to enforce AE capitalisation rules but simply
> recognise that different english users worldwide use different rules on
this
> issue and to leave it to users, depending on their linguistic culture, to
> decide on capitalisation just as they decide on spelling in American
> English, British English or the various subsets of the latter (Hiberno
> English, Australian English, etc.)

This is completely sensible and logical - though long winded. :) The way my
mind works is this - and I arrived at the same conclusion.

Someone says: "theres a problem with standardization."
(We all agree there is a problem.)
S: "The solution will involve a task"
P: "whats the task?"
S: "To henceforth make irrelevant all other styles of writing except the
*proper
one - and to purge and scour every entry in a 130,000 article document for
consistency."
P: "Oh."
Someone asks: "Any volunteers?"

"Any volunteers?"